Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

God Knows Our Needs

It’s normal to experience fear and anxiety, but with my previous surgery I was at complete peace, I did not fear. I can’t say the same about Friday’s surgery...This surgery is a lot more involved and the complications greater. I have been wrestling with my upcoming surgery the past few days.

Tonight, we met with our Sunday school class. We don’t normally meet on Sunday nights, but we are going through a transition, so we were meeting to discuss the next steps. At the end of the meeting, I was prayed over by members of the class and to say it was powerful is an understatement. My anxiety and fear were lifted as commanding prayers were delivered through the Holy Spirit by my peers. God knew this is what I needed in this moment.

Casey and I cannot thank our friends and family enough who have lifted us up and continue to do so. We feel your prayers.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be Strong and courageous; don’t be terrified or afraid. For it is the Lord your God who goes with you, He will not leave or forsake you.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

You and Casey have been in our prayers and thoughts as the surgery date approaches. Please let us know if we can do anything else. We are praying specific prayers for you and your family.

Maggie and Jeff