Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's a "Tweener"

From Cliff:

Today we met with Dr. Sills. We weren’t scheduled to meet with him until October 1st for my post-op visit but the clinic called and asked us to come in. Needless to say, we were a little anxious to hear the results since they had already been delayed a week.

Dr. Sills told us the mass is a "tweener." Just like me, the mass doesn’t know what it wants to be when it grows up. The tumor is a Pineal parenchymal tumor of intermediate differentiation (PPTID). It was recognized in the 2007 World Health Organization (WHO) classification as a new pineal parenchymal neoplasm, intermediate in malignancy (WHO grade II or III) between pineocytoma (grade I) and pineoblastoma (grade IV). Dr. Sills gave me four options, but only recommended the first two: (1) remove the mass, (2) do nothing and observe it, (3) treat with radiation or (4) treat with meds. Dr. Sills said his conservative opinion is to remove the tumor.

After discussing with Casey and my family, we are leaning toward removing the tumor. Obviously there can be complications with the surgery, but if we choose to observe the tumor there is no guarantee that it won’t grow or cause more problems. I feel God’s will is for me to remove the tumor. When we pray, the Bible tells us to pray specifically. Many prayer warriors, including my Mom, have been praying for the mass to be gone. With the help of Dr. Sills it soon will be!

From my reading last night in Joshua 1:9 “Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

God is good all the time.

6 comments:

Lamonte said...

Cliff,

Man - thanks for sharing this journey with me (us). It helps me to reflect, be humble, and I am inspired by your courage to face this moment in your life. I am praying for your brother. God is good.

Mike said...

Cliff, you've got plenty of prayer warriors by your side!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Beverly and Steve said...

Been praying extra today knowing that your biopsy report might come in. Know that our family, many friends, and our church will be covering you in prayer. God is so faithful and your lives are shining examples of that trust and faith you have in our loving, healing God. Much love to you and know that we have you in prayer! Beverly and Steve......Philippians 4:13

Penny Canterbury said...

I am a friend of Kim and tailgate with your Mom. I have been praying for you since I heard. Your strong faith is an inspiration. Yes, God is good all the time and He is carrying you through this. He supplies all our needs. I'll continue to pray for your healing!

Stacey Triplett said...

Cliff, I remember you coming to stay with me at Judy's house in the summers when you were young.I cannot believe you are married already! I enjoyed spending time with you. I feel like your family is mine too I am so sorry that you are going through this! I am so very glad that you are remaining steady in your faith!!! You are an inspiration to us all ! Me, Darrell, and our 4 kids are praying for you as a family nightly!The Bible tells us that what the Satan planned for evil, God plans for good! It also says that the Lord is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ask or even think!! I believe you will be healed and whole again soon! Love you! Stacey Triplett

Unknown said...

Rock solide witness! Graced by the Holy Spirit, Breath of God!