Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

God Breathed!

From Cliff:

You may never truly experience the power of God until you experience a life crisis. I am humbled and amazed by the ever powerful God Almighty through this entire experience. He is good all the time. He has not failed me and walks beside me.

I can say without a doubt that I have felt God Breathe. This experience has shown me his power and his almighty presence. I ask that you, my friends and family, hold me accountable and help me keep life in perspective; life isn’t about the newest iphone 5 or dominating in fantasy football, but experiencing God’s every day gifts of life through family and friends. The simple things: truly treasure the ones you love--your family and friends. Don’t take life for granted.

We are here to glorify His Kingdom. I have been praying to God daily for Him to use me for the betterment of this Kingdom. This experience has shown me that God will use you in His own way in His own time. This is God using me to glorify His Kingdom even through sickness.

Romans 8:28. We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose. This verse doesn’t mean that everything that happens is good, but that everything, both good and bad (as we see it), work together for good.

As we were live streaming church on Sunday, Mom says: Cliff I want you to know how much God has taken care of you in this situation. He is in control. Simultaneously, the worship leader recited the verse that Gage and I have been leaning on the past couple of weeks. Psalm 62:5-6. Rest in God alone, my soul, for my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken. It’s amazing how clearly God speaks to you in crisis. I used to ‘just’ read verses of scripture, now I hear Him speak. Thank you Lord.

As we await the biopsy results (will be next Tuesday at least), I rest in God alone, He is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken! God is good.

Thanks to all my family and friends who have reached out with prayers and love during this time. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all for the unconditional support you have shown to me and my family. Thanks to my wife, who has not faltered. She is my rock-my best friend, and I’m truly grateful for her love and support. I would not be who I am without her. Thank you to my Mom who spent the week taking care of me and providing us with delicious meals and a clean home. Thanks to all my family and friends who made the trek up to stand beside me during my surgery. I truly appreciate the love and support you showed Casey and I. Words simply cannot express my gratitude fully. Thank you.

God is Love. He is good all the time.

Deuteronomy 6:5. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

10 comments:

Tricia said...

Cliff! I had no idea. I'll be praying for you, friend. Love you and Casey!

Sara said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing....what a story you have to share with everyone, regardless of what happens from here on. Praying for ya'll continuously!

Ashley and Davis said...

Y'all amaze me daily with your strength, positivity, and most of all, your faith in the Lord. What a witness. I love you both.

Adele said...

Some people go through an entire lifetime and don't get it. When the darkness falls and no human can comfort you He's there. When you're hanging by a fraying thread he is holding the other end and has a powerful hand below you. I awake every morning and sincerelt say "this is the day the Lord has made, let us give thanks and be glad in it." Whatever comes, you,Casey and family will be in His care. Prayers continue.
Adele

Adele said...

Some people go through an entire lifetime and don't get it. When the darkness falls and no human can comfort you He's there. When you're hanging by a fraying thread he is holding the other end and has a powerful hand below you. I awake every morning and sincerelt say "this is the day the Lord has made, let us give thanks and be glad in it." Whatever comes, you,Casey and family will be in His care. Prayers continue.
Adele

Anonymous said...

Cliff, you are such an inspiration to all! My continued prayers are with y'all! Love you.
Liza

Anonymous said...

Cliff, both you and Casey have the gift of writing. What a wonderful lesson for us all. I continue to pray for you and Casey daily. I am so thankful for the peace and strength God has given you both and for the improvement you have experienced so far. I am also thankful for your sweet mother and the care that she has given you both.

Anonymous said...

The above comment was from Angie Cossitt (Mom)

Beverly and Steve said...

Cliff and Casey: Our family has been praying for you both since we heard about your surgery. Sandra called and told us and we got your blog address from your dad tonight. God is so faithful and He has an amazing plan in this for your lives. Rest in His comfort and promises. Thanks for all the updates and for your wonderful words. Holding you close in prayer. Love, Beverly and Steve

Unknown said...

Rock solid! What a testimony the Holy Spirit is enabling you to be! Rock solid!