Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Radiation No More!

Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

February 13th marked my 30th and last radiation treatment! Casey and I had a delicious celebration breakfast at the pancake pantry after my final treatment.

Originally, I thought I had 25 treatments, but my final plan had 30. I am beyond thankful that my side-effects are very minimal. I feel pretty worn down all the time, and have some slight hair loss, where the radiation occurred, but if those are my only side-effects, I can deal with that all day! The recovery from radiation will take 4-6 weeks. Thankfully, I am able to continue working—I just take a nap or two whenever I can! From here where do we go? I will meet with my Neurosurgeon and Radiation Oncologist every 4-6 months, and get an MRI every 6 months.

I personally thank all those who have walked beside me and thanks to the Lord God almighty who has led me on this Journey.

1Peter 6-7 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief and all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the right website for anyone who hopes to understand
this topic. You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been written about for many years.
Great stuff, just wonderful!

My web site - how to get lot of followers on instagram