Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Recital: Check!


My every thought for the past several days has been consumed by the spring dance recital that the girls dance team and guys' dance crew put on. I worry a lot about the presentation of it...the transition between songs, the lights, the music, the costumes, the length of the show, the programs, the music playing when people come in. I want the audience to have a certain experience when they come to our show and I become obsessed with providing that. I really think in another life, I would have made a decent producer/director. It doesn't help that I'm type A - perfectionist to the extreme. Because it doesn't matter how prepared you are, or how good you are....things will go wrong. But I'm getting better every year at dealing with the things that go wrong - at minimilizing the mistakes, addressing them quickly and efficiently and not freaking out when they happen. The show turned out awesome - better than I even imagined. And the best part is...it's OVER!

No comments: